There is so much more to College life than studying and we think you will find it really different to school. When you become a student at Hadlow College, it is your chance to get involved, try new things and make new friends for life, as well as gaining qualifications and essential work skills.
There's always something going on around the campus. Here's a taster of some of the things you can get involved with:
The Student Union
Getting involved with the Student Union is an excellent way of becoming part of college life. You will help organise events and activities throughout the year - such as the Summer Ball and Winter Party - as well as various fund-raising activities and community work.
Elections to the Student Union Executive Committee are held every year with all members invited to stand for election, or vote. If elected, you will be part of a team which regularly meets with College staff to discuss issues important to the wider student population. This really is the focal point of student life and the social hub of the College.
Enrichment takes place on a Wednesday afternoon and is the wide variety of exciting activities and support that add to your time at College. Taking part in these activities, or accessing the support available will enhance your personal development, help you gain new skills, enjoy new experiences and support you to achieve all you can at College.
Open up a world of Enrichment through the five types:
- Cultural Enrichment and Personal Development - These are regular events aimed at raising awareness of other countries and their cultures.
- Hadlow Evening and Weekend Enrichment - These activities, open to all students, help make the Hadlow residential experience an enjoyable and fulfilling one.
- Cross-College Themed Events - These are the annual parties and events, open to all students, that celebrate the beginning, middle and end of the academic year.
- Sport Enrichment - The Hadlow Group has a variety of sporting teams and taster sessions to get students active.
- Curriculum Enrichment - Each curriculum area will run sessions for other students to give them a taster of what they do, or to learn a transferable skill.
If you're based at our Hadlow campus you'll be able to use the on-site gym - the Wellness Hub - to stay in shape. Within the gym you'll find a range of cardio-vascular machines (such as treadmills, exercise bikes and rowing machines) along with weight training facilities.