Hadlow College is committed to providing a supportive and inclusive learning environment in which individuals can reach their potential.
This policy is designed to provide a clear framework to structure and inform our response to safeguarding concerns for those young people who may be vulnerable to the messages of extremism. In addition, it provides details of the local inter agency process and expectations in identifying appropriate interventions based on the threshold of need and intervention model and the Channel process (see below).
The College’s approach to the Prevention of Extremism and Radicalisation (PREVENT) will focus on:
- safeguarding all students and staff from exposure to circumstances that exacerbate the risk of radicalisation
- the education of all students and staff regarding the risk and nature of radicalisation
- the provision of information and resources that support awareness raising
- liaison and communication with relevant local and nation agencies that support the PREVENT agenda including the Kent PREVENT Steering Board
- promotion of the support mechanisms available should a student of staff member have concerns relevant to terrorist and extremist activity