This practical programme will equip graduates with the technical skills and knowledge to take advantage of the agricultural opportunities which exist throughout the world. This programme will encourage you to apply sound business principles to an agricultural environment and equip you with an understanding of the global conditions in which agriculture operates. Highly practical in nature, you will have hands on involvement from the very start, expanding your skills in the College livestock and cropping units.
For more information on the HND International Agriculture programme please see our dedicated microsite on the Rural University Experience you can expect from Hadlow College.
2 years, full-time
UCAS Institution Code
G70 (University of Greenwich)
054D H HND/IntAg
Year 1 – Level 4
- Crop Science and Production (30)
- Animal Science and Production (30)
- Soil Science (15) Machinery (15)
- Principles of Management (Land-Based) (15)
- Practical Agricultural Skills (15)
Year 2 – Level 5
- International Crop Production (30)
- International Livestock Production (30)
- International Mechanisation and Technology (15)
- Applied Enterprise Management (15)
- Research Skills (15)
- Industrial Experience (15)
Continuous assessment through assignments, projects, practical tests and end of unit assessments. Students are encouraged to relate theory to practice in all assessments.
48 UCAS points made up from A-Levels, preferably one in a Science-based subject, or a relevant Level 3 vocational qualification. All applicants should have a GCSE grade C or above in English, Maths and Science.
Successful students can progress onto the final year of the BSc (Hons) International Agriculture programme. Alternatively, they may wish to take advantage of the opportunities which exist in farm management, technical and advisory positions within the UK and abroad.
Specialist Equipment Needed
Protective clothing and footwear.
Agriculture Body Warmer
Agriculture Polo Shirt
Agriculture Boiler Suit
Land-Based Technology Rugby Shirt
Land-Based Technology Sweatshirt
Land-Based Technology Polo Shirt
Land-Based Technology Boiler Suit
- 270 hectare fully functioning commercial farm with an additional 40 hectares of grazing land
- 120 cow award-winning dairy herd with fully functioning dairy unit
- 600 breeding sheep producing prime lamb
- 3 commercial farm shops
- Intensively managed grass leys, pastures and forage crops
- Maize, wheat, oilseed rape and other crops grown on a commercial basis
- Pedigree beef herd
- Commercial pig and free-range poultry operations
- Laboratories for soil, plant, and animal science
Please note that all programme specifications and course modules are subject to annual change.