Feel the excitement at bringing a new life into the world. This one day lambing course will develop the skills you will need to take an active part in managing the ewe and her lambs at and around lambing time.
The day is very hands on, working with the College’s lambing ewes and lambing simulator to learn the techniques required to provide skilled assistance at lambing. You will also learn how to care for the neo-natal lamb as well as the importance of an effective routine, attention to detail and good hygiene.
An interest in the subject.
Saturday 24th February 2018 (9:30 - 16:30) - FULL (Hadlow (1718A))
Saturday 3rd March 2018 (9:30 - 16:30) - FULL (Hadlow (1718B))
Register your interest
If you’re interested in signing up for this course then leave your details and we’ll get back to you as soon as we can.
- 270 hectare fully functioning commercial farm, with an additional 40 hectares of grazing land
- 130 award-winning dairy cow herd
- 600 breeding sheep producing prime butcher’s lamb
- 10 purebred Charollais ewes
- Intensively managed grass leys, pastures and forage crops
- Maize, wheat, oilseed rape and other crops grown on a commercial basis
- On-site machinery workshop
- Dedicated laboratories for soil, plant and animal science
- Beef, pig and poultry unit at our Princess Christian’s Farm
Please note that all programme specifications and course modules are subject to annual change.