Designed for the complete beginner, this one-day course examines the different techniques used when caring for poultry. You will discover how to handle and health-check your birds as well as the nutritional requirements, housing requirements and legislation surrounding the welfare of poultry.
Part of the course will include looking at the commercial breeds for meat and laying hens as well as hatching and brooder care.
An interest in the subject.
Saturday 21st April 2018 (9:30 - 16:00) (Hadlow)
Register your interest
If you’re interested in signing up for this course then leave your details and we’ll get back to you as soon as we can.
- 270 hectare fully functioning commercial farm, with an additional 40 hectares of grazing land
- 130 award-winning dairy cow herd
- 600 breeding sheep producing prime butcher’s lamb
- 10 purebred Charollais ewes
- Intensively managed grass leys, pastures and forage crops
- Maize, wheat, oilseed rape and other crops grown on a commercial basis
- On-site machinery workshop
- Dedicated laboratories for soil, plant and animal science
- Beef, pig and poultry unit at our Princess Christian’s Farm
Please note that all programme specifications and course modules are subject to annual change.