Explore the techniques and learn the skills needed to successfully shear a sheep. On this two day course, you will discover how to set up a shearing machine, handle and turn sheep safely as well as some shearing techniques.
Highly practical, it will give you the confidence to further develop your own skills, refine your technique and introduce you to wool quality and its marketing.
2 days over 1 weekend.
Please note that this course is weather dependent and may need to be re-scheduled.
An interest in the subject and experience in handling sheep confidently.
Saturday 12th - Sunday 13th May 2018 (9:30 - 16:30) (Hadlow)
Register your interest
If you’re interested in signing up for this course then leave your details and we’ll get back to you as soon as we can.
- 270 hectare fully functioning commercial farm, with an additional 40 hectares of grazing land
- 130 award-winning dairy cow herd
- 600 breeding sheep producing prime butcher’s lamb
- 10 purebred Charollais ewes
- Intensively managed grass leys, pastures and forage crops
- Maize, wheat, oilseed rape and other crops grown on a commercial basis
- On-site machinery workshop
- Dedicated laboratories for soil, plant and animal science
- Beef, pig and poultry unit at our Princess Christian’s Farm
Please note that all programme specifications and course modules are subject to annual change.