By studying this foundation learning course at Hadlow College, you will develop your independence and work related skills in a vocational environment. The course will enable you to study subjects you enjoy whilst gaining a practical understanding of the vocational options.
1 Year, 5 days a week
What will I study?
Through practical experience within the College you will gain an in-depth understanding of the skills needed to develop independence and confidence. Your course will be linked with the outcomes in your Education, Health and Care Plan. Supported work related learning or placements will enchance your employability skills development including English, mathematics and ICT.
Entry requirements and support
This course is designed for students who have an interest in the land-based sector. As part of the study programme you will be offered a meeting to discuss the support and intervention you may require to successfully access your course.
Career and progression options
Successful students can progress at their own pace withn a RARPA based Foundation Learning programme to the next entry level and have the opportunity to specialise within an area that they enjoy. Alternatively, they can explore employment or supported employment opportunities within the industry.
Foundation Learning Polo Shirt
- Extensive glasshouse facilities
- Field nursery stock production
- Computer controlled environmental and irrigation systems
- Fruit and container production units
- Plant propagation centre
- Fully equipped landscape training centre
- Demonstration garden for leading national retailers
- Fully labelled plant collection throughout the College grounds
- 10 acres of landscaped gardens and two National Collections within Broadview Gardens
- Fully commercial garden centre
Please note that all programme specifications and course modules are subject to annual change.