Designed to develop and prepare you for a life in either the armed forces or emergency services. This course will focus on supervisory and leadership skills, as well as providing practical knowledge around entering the pathway of your choice. With our range of outdoor facilities on offer to deliver kayaking, canoeing, archery and climbing, this course will enhance your life skills around motivation, organisation and preparing you for your future career.
Extended Diploma - 2 years.
90 Credit Diploma - 1 year.
- Functional skills/GCSE - English and Maths (90 Credit Only)
- Government, Policies and the Public Services
- Leadership and Teamwork in the Public Services
- Citizenship, Diversity and the Public Services
- Understanding Discipline in the Uniformed Public Services
- Outdoor and Adventurous Expeditions
- Skills for Land Based Outdoor and Adventurous Activities
- Skills for Water Based Outdoor and Adventurous Activities
- Land Navigation by Map and Compass
- Physical Preparation, Health and Lifestyle for the Public Services
- Fitness Testing and Training for the Uniformed Public Services
Students will be assessed throughout the course using assignments, tests and practical observations.
180 Credit Diploma
Minimum of 5 GCSEs grades A*- C / 9 - 4 or equivalent (Level 2 Diploma at Merit), which must include GCSEs in English AND maths A*- C / 9 – 4 Grade
90 Credit Diploma
Minimum of 4 GCSEs A*- C / 9 - 4 Grade or equivalent (Level 2 Diploma at Merit), which must include GCSE in English OR maths A*- C / 9 – 4 Grade
- Progression route: 180 Credit Diploma level 3
Applicants to this course who wish to join one of our Sports Teams will also, in addition to meeting the College entry criteria, need to fulfil any individual and league entry requirements relating to the Sport Team.
Successful students can progress onto the 2nd year of the Extended Diploma or into employment.
Additional Learning Opportunities:
Students may have the opportunity to undertake additional short qualifications as part of their course. These are designed to support future careers.
Hadlow and West Kent
Specialist Equipment Needed:
In addition to standard college equipment, students will need appropriate sports clothing for practical activities.
Please note that all programme specifications and course modules are subject to annual change.