Giving students the opportunity to develop the skills needed for employment within the sports and fitness industries, this course will give you an understanding of why fitness and nutrition is important and help you assess your own levels. You will also benefit from taking part in the planning and running of a sporting event, undertaking risk assessments to prevent injury and reviewing your leadership role.
A Sports Team and CACT Football Academy Course:
This course is linked to our Sports Teams and represents an exciting opportunity for aspiring sports professionals. Working with respected organisations, including Charlton Athletic Community Trust, our Sports Teams offer competitive fixtures, professional coaching and the opportunity to develop your skills further.
1 year, 4 or 5 days a week.
- Safeguarding and protecting young children in Sport and Active Leisure.
- Health, safety and welfare in sport and active leisure
- Participating in Sport
- Injuries in Sport
- Plan, deliver and evaluate sport and leisure activities
- Sport in Society
- Physical Preparation for Sports Performance
- Understanding the Active Leisure and Learning Sector
- Anatomy and physiology for exercise
- Event organisation
Students will be assessed throughout the course using assignments, tests and practical observations.
Minimum of 4 GCSEs C - D / 4 - 3 Grade or equivalent (Level 1 Diploma), which must include GCSE in English OR maths A - D / 9 – 3 Grade or equivalent.
Applicants to this course who wish to join one of our Sports Teams will also, in addition to meeting the College entry criteria, need to fulfil any individual and league entry requirements relating to the Sport Team.
Successful students can progress onto a Level 3 in Sports. Alternatively they may gain employment in the industry.
Additional Learning Opportunities:
Students may have the opportunity to undertake additional short qualifications as part of their course. These are designed to support future careers.
Hadlow and West Kent
Specialist Equipment Needed:
In addition to standard college equipment, students will need appropriate sports clothing for practical activities.
- Linkage with Charlton Athletic Community Trust
- Football pitches prepared to FA competitive league standard
- Gymnasium and sports hall
- Outdoor netball and tennis courts
- Treatment room
- Fitness testing equipment
Students benefit from close ties with the Charlton Athletic, Tree-Jumpers and other local organisations.
Please note that all programme specifications and course modules are subject to annual change.