Formerly known as an NVQ, and taking place in the workplace at a suitable time arranged with your assessor, this course provides basic training in agricultural practices. Designed to encompass all areas of agriculture, including livestock, arable and lowland fooder production, you will gain a wide range of introductory skills relevant to your career.
- Maintain the safety of self and others in the workplace
- Principles of transporting supplies of physical resources within the work area
- Assist with the transport of supplies of physical resources within the work area
- Assist with the maintenance of equipment
- Principles of the maintenance of equipment
Plus optional units relevant to the industry within which the candidate works.
Portfolio of evidence and practical assessment.
Students must be employed or in a one year work placement within the industry.
Successful students can progress their career with their employer.
We offer intermediate apprenticeships, advanced apprenticeships and fee-paying routes into agriculture and horticulture. These qualifications, whch are recongised by Lantra, can be tailored to suit the employer and their needs. Apprenticeships are available to students in suitable employment who are aged between 16-18 years old (fully funded) or 19-24 years old (with an employer contribution towards the cost of tuition).
Please note that all programme specifications and course modules are subject to annual change.