Formerly known as an NVQ, and taking place in the workplace at a suitable time arranged with your assessor, this course can be tailored to specifically examine the issues in the beef, dairy, pig or poultry sectors. It builds on the competencies gained at Level 2 with students benefiting from a blend of theory and practical assessments all aimed at maximising their potential. You will be responsible for much of your own learning and evidence generation with the assessor providing guidance where necessary.
- Promote, monitor and maintain health, safety and security
- Communicate information within the organisation
- Maintain and store records within the workplace
- Establish, monitor and maintain appropriate conditions for livestock
- Deliver basic treatments to livestock
- Deliver routine husbandry procedures
- Maintain, monitor and evaluate the provision of feed and water to livestock
Plus optional units relevant to the industry within which the candidate works.
Portfolio of evidence, practical assessments, projects and assignments.
Students must be in a position of responsibility within the industry and possess the Diploma in Work-Based Agriculture (Level 2) qualification
Successful students can progress their career with their employer.
We offer intermediate apprenticeships, advanced apprenticeships and fee-paying routes into agriculture and horticulture. These qualifications, whch are recongised by Lantra, can be tailored to suit the employer and their needs. Apprenticeships are available to students in suitable employment who are aged between 16-18 years old (fully funded) or 19-24 years old (with an employer contribution towards the cost of tuition).
Please note that all programme specifications and course modules are subject to annual change.